- Prevent the spread of invasive species by implementing measures to ensure that my boat is free of invasive species (see Invasive Species Control in the 34th America’s Cup Boater Guide
- Not dump of any raw sewage or garbage overboard in the Bay or Ocean, including plastics, solid, biological or hazardous wastes, fishing line, cans or bottles, cigarette butts, cleaning or maintenance products. Take advantage of shore-side facilities to properly dispose of my trash and recycle plastic, glass, metal, and paper.
- Use cleaners that are water-based, biodegradable, phosphate-free and labeled as less toxic, such as the less toxic cleaning alternatives found here
- Prevent pollutants from entering the Bay by performing preventative engine maintenance, using oil absorbents and recycling used oil and filters, and disposing of used oil absorbents as hazardous waste at a marina or household hazardous waste collection center.
- Encourage other boaters to sign the Pledge and learn about clean boating.